The board of advisors of the Jackson County Community Foundation announced $9,370 in local grant awards from its community grantmaking fund recently, according to Ken Torok, board president.
This year’s nonprofit recipients include:
- $2,000 to Blue Ridge Health for pediatric services for Jackson County
- $1,500 to Blue Ridge Mountains Health Project, Inc., known as the Blue Ridge Free Dental Clinic, for the dental hygiene program
- $500 to Equinox Ranch to replace the gutters, as a part of the roof replacement, done by volunteers
- $1,370 to Fontana Regional Library for Reading Rover Bookmobile – 2017
- $1,000 to Hospice House Foundation of WNC for general operating support for Jackson County
- $500 to Prevent Blindness North Carolina for Star Pupils Jackson County
- $1,500 to The Community Table
- $1,000 to United Christian Ministries of Jackson County to serve Jackson County residents by providing food
Torok thanked the community for its support of the Jackson County Community Foundation. “This grant is important to our community and our quality of life,” he said. “Critical programs would not be possible without the generosity of many individuals and organizations that have supported the Jackson County’s community fund.”
Tax-deductible contributions, made payable to the Jackson County Community Foundation, can be mailed to the North Carolina Community Foundation, 3737 Glenwood Ave. Suite 460, Raleigh, NC 27612. Contributions can also be made online at nccommunityfoundation.org.
– Jackson County Community Foundation