Cherokee Senior Citizens Program will be taking fuel applications starting Monday, Sept. 8.
Senior Citizens Fuel Program Guidelines
- Must be 59½
- Must be an enrolled member of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians
- Must live in the five (5) counties service area: Swain, Jackson, Cherokee, Graham and Haywood
- The residence where the fuel is to be delivered must be the primary residence of the senior citizen.
- Only (1) one service per residence
- Only (1) one type of fuel per residence
- All seniors must reapply every year
- Must apply for the primary heat source only
- Applications will start being taken in September. A notice will be put in the local papers as to what date.
- Heating season is from October 1 thru May 31.
- Gas must be the primary heating source to receive a gas tank purchase.
- A one-time purchase of a 320 gallon tank or purchase of the tank that is currently being used at the residence.
- Only one gas tank per household. If clients already own a tank purchased with tribal funds such as HIP Program, Qualla Housing or any other program they will not receive another tank.
- If a gas tank is purchased then the primary heat cannot be changed for three (3) years.
- Client assumes all responsibility for the tank
- All accounts must have a zero balance before any new funding will be applied for the new heating season.
- It is the client’s responsibility to pay for any fuel that is delivered over the budgeted
Info: Kathy Smith 554-6860