Tuesday, March 11
Meeting started at 6pm
- Selecting “Quiet Hero & Good Neighbor” – two people will be chosen.
- Preparing for Cherokee Day of Caring
- Basketball tournament, Friday, March 28 evening, all day Saturday need food –folks to cook, help sell
- Preparing for 4th July Pow Wow three-day event, we can help with parking and get a portion of the fee for directing the parking
- Clean-up date, Saturday, April 12. We will get bags, safety signs, etc. we will reward kids for picking up trash
- Request another (2) green dumpsters from Tribal Sanitation, and also a blue construction dumpster for upcoming Spring cleaning in community.
- Will request a pole saw from Tammy Jackson to trim branches around Big Y Community
- Craft room being set up at gym for the ladies to craft
- Plan to invite Tribal Social Services to Big Y meeting.
- FFA is needed in our school. To invite Sarah McClellan-Welch to give a talk at a future Big Y meeting.
- Supporting Junaluska Council’s ideas on distribution of big percap to four payments in order to lower tax rates.
- Big Y Free Labor Meeting on Thursday, March 27 at 6:30pm
– Big Y Community Club