Tuesday, July 17th – Health Screen – 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday, July 18th – Board of Directors Meeting – 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, July 19th – Safety Committee Meeting – 11:30 a.m.
Opening Date: Thursday, June 28, 2012
Closing Date: Thursday, July 12, 2012
General Education Teacher
Oconaluftee Job Corps- (Cherokee Boys Club contract – USFS)
Opening Date: Thursday, July 5, 2012
Closing Date: Thursday, July 19, 2012
For additional information, see the Employment Section
of this issue of the One Feather.
BOYS CLUB BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION
Nominations for the Boys Club’s 2012-2014 Board of Directors will begin Monday, July 16, 2012 and will be accepted through Friday, July 20, 2012 at 4:30 p.m. Nomination forms can be picked up at the Club’s Information desk during this time.
- 1. TO BE ELECTED
Five regular Board Members: Five Club Members who are 18 years of age or over will be elected to serve on the Club Board of Directors. As many as are nominated may run in the election, and the five receiving the highest number of votes will be elected. They will serve from October 1, 2012 to September 30, 2014. There is no limit to the number of times a Board Member may serve so long as he or she is re-elected.
- 2. NOMINATIONS
Any Club Member (any student or former student of Cherokee High School) may nominate himself or herself or any other Club Member to run. Each Member may nominate as many candidates as they wish. To make nominations, complete a nomination blank and put it in the nomination box which will be at the Club Information Desk from July 16, 2012 through July 20, 2012. Those nominated will be contacted to see if they are willing to run. A list of those accepting the nomination will be in the Club Bulletin on Monday, July 23, 2012 and will be published in the next edition of the Cherokee One Feather.
- 3. ELECTION
Election will be held on the fourth Thursday in August (Thursday, August 23, 2012) in the Club lobby with polls open from 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., according to the following rules:
- All voters must present a Club Membership Card. If they do not have a membership card, they may get a free card at the Club Information Desk (any student or former student of Cherokee High School can be a Club member).
- Each member will be given one ballot and may vote for five Board Members.
- If a ballot has over five names marked, the ballot will not be counted.
- The five regular Board member candidates receiving the most votes will be named Board Members. (In case two or more candidates tie for the number five position, a run-off election will be held on Friday, August 24, 2012 between the tied candidates at the same time and place.)
- The Student Representative Election will be held at the Club Youth Center/Conference Room on a date to be approved by school officials. Nominations will be from the Club Vocational Classes or student trainees (OJT) and nominees must not be a Senior. Student Representative ballots will be counted and certified by the Club Election Committee or their designated representatives.
F. A member of Cherokee Tribal Council, appointed by the Tribal Council serves as a member of the Club Board.
G. The five Board Members elected in the election, the Student elected in the Student Election, and the two business people appointed by the Board must be approved by Tribal Council at the Council’s September meeting.
For additional information, call Jeannie Arkansas at (828) 497-5645.
AGELINK TO HOLD FUNDRAISER
The School Age program of Agelink is having a Picnic Lunch fundraiser on Friday, July 13. The proceeds will go toward their end-of-summer trip. The menu will include Fried Chicken, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Dessert, Bread and Drink. Cost of the Meal will be $7.00. Please call 497-6726 for more information. Call-ins for large orders will be accepted but delivery will not be available. Meals will be served from 11:00 a.m. – Until the food is gone.
The staff and children of Agelink also want to thank everyone who recently purchased pizza kits from them.