Members of the 2011 Remember The Removal Ride cycling team are forming a cycling club in Cherokee. The club is open to anyone interested in cycling. The club will recruit members, choose officers and ratify bylaws. The first meeting will be held Monday, January 16 at 5pm in the meeting room of the EBCI IT Department. The EBCI IT Department is in the bottom floor of the new EOC building (next to the old SLEEP INN) at 262 Seven Clans Lane.
The club is being formed in Cherokee to provide area residents with an opportunity to ride with other people who also enjoy cycling. Beginner cyclist and family members are also welcome. The goals of the club will also be:
- To promote the use of bicycles.
- To promote bicycle use in a safe manner.
- To promote public awareness of bicyclists’ rights and responsibilities on public roads.
- To protect and defend the rights of bicyclists.
- To promote a safe area-wide bicycle system.
- To provide instruction as to the care and proper use and maintenance of bicycles.
- To provide an opportunity for members to socialize with others who have an interest in bicycles.
- To support the Remember the Removal Ride by promoting the ride and assisting RTR Riders with training.
The club will also choose a design for a club jersey. More information including proposed bylaws, membership applications, meeting flyers and other information is available on the club web page at https://www.cherokeeriders.org or by calling Hugh Lambert 554-6268.
– Hugh Lambert