While reflecting upon the Christmas season, the Children’s Home staff and kids would like to thank the following people and groups for the generosity they showed us:
- Harrah’s Cherokee Development Program Associates who spent a wonderful afternoon with the children providing snacks, games, crafts and gifts. The children really enjoyed their time with you.
- Gary and Kathy Collier from Paris, Tennessee, who have become valuable volunteers who also recruited help from their hometown to bring Christmas to the children this year. They were very involved in the past year to make sure our needs were met from shampoo to bicycles. We thank them and their friends at First United Methodist Church in Paris, Tennessee.
- Chief Michell Hicks and First Lady Marsha Hicks and their family who spent a very fun afternoon with the children and staff at the Fun Factory in Franklin providing pizza and games. The children had a blast playing games and selecting prizes with their tickets. The children have also been enjoying the entertainment gifts that were provided to the Children’s Home by the Chief’s office. We thank you so much for thinking of us at this time of year.
- The Tribal Construction Department and the Nursing Supervisors at Cherokee Indian Hospital for gifting some of the children with new bedroom supplies; we thank you.
- Thank you to all of the employees who donated money at the Tribal Christmas Breakfast. During our capital campaign to raise funds for our new home, we have seen how every little bit helps. This is truly a project for the community, by the community.
- Sabrina Arch and family for their generous donations to a lucky young man.
- The wonderful women of NAIWA for their generous donations to help with our needs for the children; this was truly an act of generosity and compassion.
We appreciate everyone’s kindness and support and look forward to a Happy New Year!
– Cris Weatherford, Children’s Home director