The following seminars are sponsored by the Sequoyah Fund and will be held in their offices in the Ginger Lynn Welch Complex. You can register for each class by visiting https://www.sequoyahfund.org/classes.html. Info: Russ Seagle, Sequoyah Fund, (828) 359-5003
• Retail Selling Basics. June 6 from 6-9pm. $5 payable at the door. Instructor – Russ Seagle, Sequoyah Fund, director client development.
• Creating great customer service experiences. June 11 from 6-9pm. $5 payable at the door. Instructor – Russ Seagle.
• Facebook Business Pages – beginner. June 13 from 8-10am. $5 payable at the door. Instructor: Mary Anne Baker, owner of INNSights Internet Marketing in Sylva. Learn how to set up your business on Facebook. Learn how to use its basic features and navigation, including how to post stuff that will help you get found by search engines. The class is perfect for you if you:
a. Want to create a Facebook Business Page for your business
b. Have set up your Facebook Business Page, but aren’t quite sure how to use it.
c. Are using a personal profile as a business page and want to convert the personal profile to a
d. Have discovered a Facebook Page for your business that already exists, and want to learn how to claim it.
Please make sure you have a personal profile on Facebook prior to attending this beginner class.
You are encouraged to bring your own laptop, but laptop computers will be available if needed.
- Facebook Business Pages – Intermediate. June 20 from 8-10am. $5 payable at the door. Instructor: Mary Anne Baker. This class is for you if you have already established a Facebook Business Page and have a basic knowledge of its features and navigation. Concepts will include how to create viral posts, sharing, tagging, pinning, highlighting, scheduling, and using Facebook “as your business.”
- Facebook Business Pages – Advanced. June 27 from 8-10am. $5 payable at the door. Instructor: Mary Anne Baker. This class will cover promoted posts, offers, methods to grow your fan base, Facebook Ads, and third-party applications to enhance your fans’ experience. This class will also include instruction on Facebook Insights – how to measure your posts and understand your user demographics.
– Sequoyah Fund