By SARAH MCCLELLAN-WELCH
EBCI COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
EBCI Cooperative Extension is taking orders for the annual Fruit & Berry Plant Sale until March 15. The purpose of this sale is to provide garden plants at very affordable prices. Grapes, both purple and white varieties, are new offerings this year.
The sale works like this: plants are ordered now, in March, and picked up in April. Payment is required to place an order. Stop by the EBCI Cooperative Extension office at 876 Acquoni Road, Cherokee to order your plants. They cannot take orders over the telephone or place an order without payment.
Prices are as follows:
- Asparagus (Jersey Night) $1.00 ea
- Blackberries (Triple Crown – trailing, thornless type) $3.00 ea
- Black Raspberries (Jewel) $3.00 ea
- Red Raspberries (Heritage) $3.00 ea
- Blueberries (hardy, high bush varieties) $5.00 ea
- Strawberries $5.00 per bundle of 25 plants. One variety per bundle (Seascape – Ever Bearing, very productive, large fruit, and disease resistant) (Earliglow – June Bearing, medium-large fruit, great taste); Grapes (Concord – purple) (Niagra – white) $5.00 each.
Planting and care instructions are available from the Extension office. These are high quality, bare-root plants that will need to be planted after they are picked-up in April. Orders will be ready for pick-up on Monday, April 15 from 12-5pm. Info: Sarah McClellan-Welch 554-6935 or email@example.com.