By GERRI GRADY
The Cherokee Runners have been busy the last few weeks competing in a variety of races both locally and on the road. Following are the highlights:
- Karleigh Reeves, Dawna Paul and Michael Henson ran the Zaxby’s Wing-It Run at WCU on Saturday, March 10.
- Chris Reed ran the 5-mile Old Town Beer Run in Greensboro on Saturday, March 17.
- Cliff Mault and Brian Burgess competed in the grueling Assault on Blackrock on March 17.
- Ten Cherokee Runners completed the Shamrock Run in Asheville on March 17 in both the 10K and 5K.
- Thomas Benedict competed in the Atlanta Half Marathon on Sunday, March 18.
- Elnora Thompson ran the DuPont Forest 12K Trail Run in Asheville on Saturday, March 24.
- Skye Littledave and new member, Charlie Myers, ran the Lilies of the Valley 5K on Sunday, March 25.
- Michael Henson, Alicia Jacobs and Cliff Mault competed in the Lilies of the Valley Half Marathon on March 25.
- The Sunday Long Run was held in Maggie Valley at 1:30pm on March 25.
- Skye Littledave has been selected to ride in the 2012 Remember the Remove bicycle trip to Oklahoma in June. She has been training, along with other members of the 2012 team, on local roadways. She extends a heartfelt thank you to CrossFit 2232’s Jama and Amy Anders for being awesome coaches.
The Cherokee Runners meets each month on the 1st and 15th of the month (if the first falls on Sunday, the group meets on the 2nd), at the Age Link Conference Room. Anyone, no matter the fitness level, is welcome to join. Group runs are being held each Tuesday and Thursday at 6PM starting at the Flame. Please visit the website at www.cherokeerunners.com or check out the Cherokee Runners Facebook page.