The 2017 offering of Tax Assistance begins Thursday, Feb. 2. If your annual income is $54,000 or less, you are eligible to have your taxes prepared at no cost at the EBCI Cooperative Extension Office at 876 Acquoni Rd, located next to the Yellowhill Community Building and covered basketball court. Please bring with you the following items to your appointment:
- All income related forms such as: W-2, 1099 Misc., 1099-I, SSA-1099, etc.
- Photo I.D. such as Driver’s License or enrollment card with picture
- Social Security Card and birth date of every member of the household
- Enrollment Card of Federally Recognized Tribe for NC Tax Exemption
- Bank Account Information if you want tax return direct deposited
- Last year’s tax return if possible
- The program does not do Rental Income (Schedule E), Dividend and Investment Income (Sch B) and Complex Schedule C.
To schedule an appointment, call the EBCI Cooperative Extension Office 359-6930 or 359-6933 and speak to any staff person.
– EBCI Cooperative Extension Program