February 23-27 is bully prevention week at Cherokee Middle School. Events are scheduled each day of the week including:
- Monday, Feb. 23 is the kick off assembly with Kaye Randall and Be The Difference.
- Tuesday, Feb. 24, the students will be asked to sign a banner to Be Brave and Stop Bullying. Each student that signs the banner will receive a pink bracelet that says Be BRAVE Stop Bullying. The banner will hang in the gym to remind students each day to stop bullying.
- Wednesday, Feb. 25 is Pink Day. All students are asked to wear pink to Be Brave at Cherokee Middle. If every student in the middle school wears pink on Wednesday, Assistant Principal Mr. Creasman is going to dye his hair pink for the celebration on Friday. The school is asking for community support in this and hopes that the community will also wear pink on Wednesday to show your support to Be BRAVE and Stop Bullying.
- Thursday, Feb. 26 is another assembly where students will learn about real bullying stories from across America as well as here in Cherokee. A guest speaker is coming to speak to our students about his bullying experiences here in Cherokee Schools. The chorus will also sing the Pink Song during the assembly.
- Friday, Feb. 27, the middle school will have a celebration event at the end of the day and Mr. Creasman will debut his pink hair.
- Cherokee Middle School