39th Annual Indian Unity Conference Writing Contest Application
Please feel application out completely and attach your writing entry to this application.
City, State, Zip: _________________________________________________________________________________
Phone: Home ____________________ Work _________________________ Cell _____________________
E-mail: _______________________________________ Website: _______________________________
Birth date: ____________________________ Tribal Affiliation: _____________________________
Writing Categories (only check one)
Rhyming Poetry (Not to exceed 32 lines)
Non-Rhyming Poetry (Not to exceed 32 lines)
Inspirational/Spiritual Writing (Not to exceed 1,000 words)
Genre Short Story (Romance/Mystery) (Not to exceed 1,000 words)
Mainstream/Current Issue Literary Short Story (Fiction/Non-Fiction) (Not to exceed 1,000 words)
Memoirs, Life Changing Events (Not to exceed 1,000 words)
Please be sure to read and satisfy ALL Participant Guidelines:
- Must be a member of a federally or state recognized American Indian tribe and currently residing in North Carolina.
- Only original unpublished writings will be accepted.
- Entries are limited to 3 pieces per writer.
- Name of writing, author’s name, number of words (be sure of word count!), age group and category must appear on top right hand corner. If this does not appear, works will be disqualified.
- Completed registration forms must accompany each writing entry.
- Typed, double spaced – front page only on 8 ½ x 11 paper, with multiple pages stapled. Page numbers on right hand bottom corner. No e-mail entries accepted.
- Do not resubmit entries from previous years
- Entries must be turned in to the Registration Desk to Arvis Boughman, by Monday, March 10th, 2014.
- Entries may be mailed to Arvis Boughman, 6365 Rich Mountain Road, Morganton, NC28655. Arriving no later than March 10th, 2014
. Winners will be announced during the General Assembly/Breakfast on Saturday, March 15, 2014.
- All submitted entries may be published in future Unity Conference program books or United Tribes publication.
Writing Coordinators: Kay Oxendine – 804-727-9958; Arvis Boughman – 828-443-4395;