The EBCI Cooperative Extension Center and Tsali Manor are hosting the VITA program that provides free tax services. If you make $57,000 or less, you are eligible to have your taxes done at no cost. For married couples filing jointly, the maximum income is also $57,000. This year will see a return to “live return” where taxes are completed in one appointment. Unfortunately, they will not be able to do returns with rental income, investment or dividend income or complex business/self-employment income.
If you or someone you know is interested in having your taxes done for free, please call to make an appointment.
– Valorie Welch 554-6939, Cooperative Extension
– Trish Calhoun 554-6933, Cooperative Extension
– Kathy Smith 554-6860, Tsali Manor
What to bring to the appointment:
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Taxpayer’s proof of identity
- All forms, W-2, 1098, and 1099
- Information for other income
- Identification number for Child Care Provider
- Information for deductions/credits
- Proof of account for direct deposit of refund (voided check)
- Social Security cards and/or ITIN notices (cards for you, your spouse, and dependents)
– EBCI Cooperative Extension