The Native American Finance Officers Association (NAFOA) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization and has an interest in promoting and supporting Native American artists. They are seeking two types of artist submissions for their upcoming 28th Annual Finance Conference for Indian Country to be held September 14-16 at The Hyatt Regency in Jersey City, NJ.
They will be honoring several Tribal leaders during the 3rd Annual Lifetime Achievement Awards Ceremony for Outstanding Financial Leadership. They would like to present each Tribal Leader awardee with a piece of Native American artwork that can be placed upon a wooden platform base with a small name plaque. Examples of artwork that may be well suited for awards include, but are not limited to, stone carvings, wood carvings, pottery and statues. The awards used in the past center around an eagle theme.
They would also like to feature a painting or drawing on the cover of our conference booklet. Please send photograph samples. If your artwork is selected, the organization will contact you about specific sizing and resolution requirements.
They are able to purchase artwork at a non-profit rate and in exchange for the discounted rate, provide the artist with significant promotion and advertising benefits including:
1. Complimentary admission to NAFOA’s 28th Annual Finance Conference for Indian Country in New Jersey City, NJ valued at $1,100. Our conferences typically draw 500 Tribal leaders and finance professionals. The artist will need to provide his or her own travel and lodging accommodations. The conference hotel is minutes from Manhattan.
2. Complimentary booth to display and sell artwork.
3. An introduction on stage at our Financial Leadership Awards Ceremony. The artist’s biography will be read and the awards displayed.
4. Artist’s biography and contact information in our Awards Ceremony booklet distributed to all conference participants.
5. Artist’s biography and photograph on the NAFOA website. Link to artist’s website on NAFOA website.
Please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Artist Biography, Artist Photograph (optional), Photographs of sample artwork, Artwork pricing structure, In the subject headline, please indicate whether your submission is for our “Awards” or “Conference Booklet”.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at 602.540.0736. We will keep all artwork on file for future conference events. The deadline to be considered for the fall 2010 conference is July 30, 2010. However, submissions will be accepted year-round for future events.