The following rules and policy changes will take effect at the Cherokee Fitness Complex on Monday, July 2:
Membership Minimum Age Requirement:
- The minimum age for membership at the Cherokee Fitness Complex is 18.
- Children must be 14 years of age to be added to a parent’s/guardian’s membership.
- Children ages 13 and under may not be added to a parent/guardian membership and must always be accompanied and signed in by an adult.
Complex Access (Age Restrictions/Usage):
- Children ages 14-17 may access the gymnasium without a parent/guardian being present. They must be engaged in a physical activity while on premise and may not stay for extended periods of time.
- Children ages 13 and under may not utilize the gymnasium without a parent/guardian being present.
Weight Room Rules (Age Restrictions/Usage):
- Children ages 14-17 must complete a one-hour orientation along with a parent/guardian to access the weight room.
- Upon completion, they may utilize the weight room with adult supervision (parent/guardian and/or staff person).
Unsupervised Children Rules:
- Children ages 13 and under may not be dropped off at the Complex (either by school bus or adult [Must be 18 or older]).
- Children ages 14-17 may not be dropped off for extended periods of time without adult supervision and must be actively engaged in an approved physical activity.
- Children ages 13 and under must be with a supervising adult at all times and may not play on equipment or be in areas where heavy equipment is being utilized.
Management’s Right to Enforce Policy:
- When staff observe unsupervised children loitering throughout the facility, the parent or guardian will be contacted to pick up the child(ren) immediately.
- If there is no response within one hour, Family Safety will be contacted and a report filed.
These rules are established for the safety and wellness of our members.
– Cherokee Fitness Complex