WEIGHTLIFTING: Cherokee Powerlifting Team wins at IronBoy
YADKINVILLE – The Cherokee Fitness Complex Powerlifting Team traveled to Yadkinville on Saturday, Oct. 10 to compete in the IronBoy Powerlifting Nationals Event. All team members participated in the Full Power competition which includes Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift. The team took first place in the Full Power Team Division. There were 65 lifters that participated in the event.
Damian Solis, team member, stated, “Overall, there was a great turnout for the event. I just want to thank the Lord for the opportunity we have been given to compete and represent the EBCI proudly.”
Individual results from the team are as follows:
- Katlin Roberts, Junior (20-23 Raw) 132lb Class, 1st place – deadlift, 200lbs
- Franklin McCoy, Junior (20-23 Raw) 165lb Class, 1st place – squat 465, bench 275, deadlift 465, total 1,205
- Joseph Solis, Intermediate (24-24 Raw) 220lb Class, 1st place – squat 440, bench 300, deadlift 600, total 1,340
- Mason White, Junior (20-23 Raw) 242lb Class, 1st place – 430 squat, 280 bench, 420 deadlift, total 1,130
- Jorge Welch, Intermediate (24-34 Raw) 242lb Class, 1st place – squat 610 (elite), bench 315, deadlift 585, total 1,510
- Damian Solis, Intermediate (24-34 Raw) 275lb Class, 1st – place – squat 500, bench 355, deadlift 645, total 1,500
The team is currently open to anyone to join and trains at the Cherokee Fitness Complex. The next team event will be in Morganton NC at the 4th Annual IBP Western Carolina Powerlifting Open. Anyone interested in joining the team can stop by the facility for information and training. The Cherokee Fitness Complex will host the 2nd Annual IBP Cherokee Powerlifting Championships on June 18, 2016.
– Cherokee Fitness Complex Powerlifting Team