How can HPV Vaccination prevent this disease?
• Cervical cancer is the easiest gynecological cancer to prevent.
• There are 12,000 new cervical cancers each year in the US.
• The HPV vaccine protects against the virus causing cervical cancer.
• Only one in three adolescent girls in North Carolina has received any doses of HPV vaccine, and only 10% have received the recommended three doses.
Who needs this vaccine?
– All teen girls and women through age 26
– All teen boys and men through age 21
– Gay men and immune-compromised men through age 26.
For more information about vaccines or cervical cancer prevention, you can contact Cherokee Community Health 554-6882 to speak with a Public Health Nurse.
Also for information online:
325 Rosenau Hall CB7440
Chapel Hill NC 27599
– Cherokee Community Health