Cherokee Community Health has provided the following information on the flu to help prevent and control its spread.
What is the Flu?
- VERY CONTAGIOUS!
- Respiratory illness that infects the nose, throat, and lungs
Signs and Symptoms:
- Sore Throat
- Runny/ Stuffy Nose
- Muscle/Body Aches
- Fatigue- Very Tired
- Vomiting/ Diarrhea
- Spread by droplets (spit) made when people with flu cough, sneeze, talk.
- By touching anything a person with the flu has touch
- Can be infected beginning 1 day BEFORE symptoms even appear and up to 5 to 7 days AFTER becoming sick
- Get your flu shot!
- Wash your hands!
- Use hand sanitizer!
- Cover your cough!
Control the spread:
- Wear a mask if coughing and going into public places!
- Clean surfaces that could have been infected- (clorox wipes, lysol wipes/spray)
- Stay out of public areas if you have signs or symptoms
- Stay hydrated! Lots of fluids
Info: Cherokee Community Health 554-6882
– Cherokee Community Health