School Board Report by Chelsea Saunooke
By CHELSEA SAUNOOKE
WOLFTOWN SCHOOL BOARD REP.
News and Announcements
- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! Thursday, March 2.
- Cherokee Central Schools hosted a Community Focus Group on Tuesday, March 7 at the Chief Joyce Dugan Cultural Arts Center. The event focused on personalized/blended learning and ESTEAM Education. Blended Learning is an education program that combines online digital media with traditional classroom methods. ESTEAM Education- integrating the “Education of Science Technology Engineering Arts & Mathematics” is a way to teach how all things relate to each other, in school and in life.
- Coffee Fundraiser by CCS TaG “Talented and Gifted” students. The price is $15 a bag, and 60 percent of each bag purchased goes to the TaG program.
- Cherokee Musical Theater Presents Disney’s Beauty and The Beast Jr.- April 27–28 at 7pm, April 29 at 2pm and 7pm, and April 30 at 2pm
- Pre-K Registration has begun! The Hope Center is now taking Pre-K applications through May 5. Contact the Hope Center for more information 554-5101
- Play 60 Camp April 5: Carolina Panthers host a Football Camp for grades 2nd-5th
- National Accreditation is coming up for renewal. Comes up every five years. Meetings and interviews are scheduled for the month of April with AdvancED a non-profit, non-governmental organization that accredits primary and secondary schools throughout the United States and internationally.
- Hiring of a new Superintendent: Interviews will be conducted mid-April.
- PF Architects: Design of new wrestling facility, track/soccer press box, concession stand and bathrooms. Also conducting a feasibility study on the current and future needs of the school
- Important Dates to Remember
- EOG Testing: May 15-19
- Spring Break: April 10-14
- Last Day for Students: May 26, Early Release Day
- Baccalaureate: May 26 at 6pm and High School Graduation May 27 at 10am